Executive Director, District of Columbia Provider Certification Review Program
- Name: Mica Love
- Position/Title: Executive Director, District of Columbia Provider Certification Review Program
- Years at Liberty: Four
- Describe your position in 25 words or less: I ensure the program provides the DC Department on Disabilities Services with valid data; this measures waiver service provider’s ability to meet Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requirements for care services.
- What career achievements are you most proud of? Serving in the military and attaining my master’s degree.
- What qualities do you think are important for enriching and diversifying an organization’s culture? Thinking outside the box to create a diverse culture within the organization and to recognize talent within the organization.
- What is your personal definition of success? The balance between all aspects of one’s life.
- How do you think Liberty Healthcare has contributed to your professional growth and development both as a professional and as a leader? My director and manager’s investment and recognition of my talents, then building on it.
- What advice would you give to recent hires? Research the organization’s mission and values.
- Favorite quote or personal mantra: “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style”- Maya Angelou
- Favorite TV show(s) or genre(s): Sci-fi and cooking shows
- Favorite book(s)/author(s): Toni Morrison and Octavia Butler
- Favorite song(s)/artist(s)/band(s): Prince, Fleetwood Mac, Nina Simone, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, and Jill Scott